Terms and Conditions
Soul Trader Retreats (Rasheed Ogunlaru Limited) & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Limited)
Standard Booking Terms and Conditions
By booking a place (or places) on Soul Trader Retreats (Rasheed Ogunlaru Limited) in association with Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Limited) , you are deemed to consent to the following Terms and Conditions of booking ("the Terms"), as updated from time to time. The Terms set out here constitute a legal agreement with you. We may change the content of the Website and the Terms (which would replace these Terms) at any time without notifying you.
Any changes to these Terms will be posted on this Website and by continuing to use this Website and following any such change, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
Please read these Terms carefully as they set out your rights and obligations regarding your booking.
1.1 In these Terms, "we"/"us"/"our" means Rasheed Ogunlaru Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office address is 223 Mayall Road London SE24 0PS, and whose registered company number is 7279724, and in association with The Red Lotus Projects Limited, London. Soul Trader is a registered Trade Mark of Rasheed Ogunlaru Ltd. Soul Trader Retreats are held in partnership/association with Red Lotus Projects Limited, registered company number 09236130, a company registered in England and Wales.
1.2 "The Website" means that website found at the URL and and
2. Basis of sale
2.1 Only individuals legally entitled to enter into legally binding and enforceable contracts may book to attend a Soul Trader Retreat event ("the Retreat"). By making a booking, you are making a representation, upon which we are entitled to rely, that you are aged 18 years or older and capable of forming a legally binding contract.
2.2 You undertake to make your booking using true, accurate and current information about yourself and that you will never impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity. If you do not provide accurate and current information about yourself as required in accordance with this Clause, your booking will be terminated immediately.
3. Booking & Payment
3.1 If you choose to book online, you form a binding contract with us as soon as you click to confirm your payment. You may correct any of your details, or decide not proceed with your booking at any time until such time. If you pay be electronic transfer, your contract with us is formed by receipt of your payment in our account.
3.2. You shall be solely responsible for ensuring the accuracy of any booking details you submit to us.
3.3. It is the customer’s responsibility to check the reservation and ensure that the particulars contained therein are correct.
3.4 We reserve the right to make any changes in the specification of the Retreat such as may be required to conform with any applicable statutory or EC requirements, or which do not materially affect the nature or quality of the Retreat.
3.5.Payment and Registration
3.5.1 The customer shall pay Soul Trader Retreat in partnership with Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) a non-refundable deposit in the sum of minimum £500 of the total chosen package amount due for each person named in the reservation. The deposit is due at the time of booking to reserve your space and is non-refundable.
3.5.2.Along with the deposit, Registration with all the required details is mandatory to secure your space on the retreat. There is a registration form using Google Docs which is mandatory. (Your booking details and personal information will not be shared with any third parties with the exception of the external online payment platform of your choice). Two options for payment: (a) Paying with credit card or direct bank transfer: Payments and registration/booking is made directly via our partner retreat booking site 'WeTravel' - you will be redirected to the WeTravel website for and for booking convenience. If you are booking via credit card or bank Transfer using the WeTravel platform please read additional terms and conditions here which apply: (b) When Paying with PAYPAL you can choose to pay the deposit or pay in full for your retreat when redirected to Paypal site. Paying via Paypal please read additional terms and conditions here which apply: webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full You will be automatically directed to our payment handler where you will be asked for your billing details and to confirm payment. (Please note that in the case of most of our retreats payment is only available by methods (a) and (b) above).
3.6. 50% payment of retreat is required by 1 June 2019 3.7. Payment in full is required by 1 July 2019. The balance monies due shall be paid by the customer to Soul Trader Retreat Rasheed Ogunlaru Ltd) in partnership with Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) not less than 4 weeks prior to the date of departure. Bookings within the last 4 weeks must be paid in full at time of booking. Payment can be made via the web site via We Travel or Paypal as above.
3.8.If the full balance of payment is not received by the due date, i.e. 1 July 2019, Soul Trader Retreat Rasheed Ogunlaru Ltd) in partnership with Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) reserves the right to cancel the reservation and retain the deposit.
3.9.Early Bird Offer: Register before the cut off date by 15 March 2019
3.10. Instalment payment plan over 6 months available contact via email for details. Additional terms and conditions for the Payment plan will apply.
3.11. Students & Pensioners concession 5% Discount: over 18 (must produce valid student card).
3.12 Your booking and deposit fee will be confirmed by email. Receipt of full and final amount payable will also be confirmed by email.
3.13 In order to be accepted on a retreat we request that you complete and return the registration form online using google docs and the additional basic health/fitness; food allergies/preferences questionnaire. This will be sent to you by email.
3.14 To partake in yoga and relaxation classes the questionnaire has to be filled in and signed.
3.15 It is mandatory for All participants to have travel insurance and adequate medical insurance.
3.16 Your booking is not considered definite until we receive full payment for your entire stay from you.
4. Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any of our sales literature, or quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice, order, bill of sale, or other document or information issued by us (whether in electronic form or otherwise) shall be subject to correction without any liability to you on our part.
5. Cancellation by you, the customer In the event of cancellation by the customer, regardless of the circumstances, the following refund fees, minus the deposit, apply. The deposit is non-refundable. • Cancellation 30 days or less before due arrival date, 0% refund • Cancellation more than 60 days before due arrival date, 50% refund, minus the deposit • Cancellation more than 90 days before due arrival date, 100% refund, minus the deposit
6. We will send you a confirmation email to confirm your booking details on receipt of your payment.
7. Payment is non-refundable, except under those conditions as set out in We reserve the right to accept or refuse any booking. Such acceptance or refusal shall be at our sole discretion and we are not obliged to enter into any correspondence in connection with its decision.
8. You must inform us immediately of the following: changes in the expiry date of any credit, debit, or other payment card used in connection with your booking; changes in home or billing address; and apparent breaches of security. Until we are notified by e-mail of a breach in security, you will remain liable for your booking and any unauthorised use of the Website.
9. "Cooling-off" period
9.1 You are entitled to a "cooling off" period of seven days from the time you make and pay for a booking with us, unless you book an event within seven days of its due start date, in which case no cooling-off period applies and your payment shall not be refunded.
9.2 If, at any time during that seven-day period from the time you make your booking, you wish to cancel it, you may do so by contacting us in writing (stating your full name, registered email address and booking reference) or alternatively here, If you do not receive a response within seven days, please do contact us again. You can also contact the Red Lotus Team here in case of any nonresponse. Or via +31655543275 per phone or WhatsApp.
9.3 In the event of your cancellation within the "cooling off" period (except for cancellations made within seven days of the Event’s start date), your booking fee will be refunded and re-credited to you (which, in the event of your payment by card, shall be less any fees that may be charged by our payment provider).
10. For any Retreat, but particularly in the case of retreats overseas, we require you to arrange adequate travel insurance cover. We are also under no circumstances be able to provide a letter of invitation for visa requirements or requests for letters of invitations to attend events or retreats.
11. Non-assignment or transfer Your booking under these Terms is exclusive to you. You agree not to assign or transfer or purport to assign or transfer your booking and/or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to any other person or entity.
12. Waiver No failure or delay by either party in exercising any of its rights under these Terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of that right, and no waiver by any party of a breach of any provision of these Terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
13. Severability Any provision in these Terms which is or may be void, voidable, or unenforceable shall to the extent of such voidability, invalidity or unenforceability be deemed severable and shall not affect the continuation in force of any other provision of these Terms.
14.1 We endeavour to make the Retreats as accessible as possible.
14.2 We shall not be liable to you for any accessibility challenges, or costs incurred in respect of the same, that you may face at the Retreat.
15. Diversity and equality Red Lotus Retreats in association with Soul Trader Retreats is committed to serving people of all backgrounds regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, ability, sexuality or religion. If you have any specific needs please let us know in advance of the Retreat and we will endeavour to meet them.
16. Force majeure Failures beyond Control. We shall not be liable to you for any breach of these Terms or any failure to provide or delay in providing the information, products and services to which you are entitled in accordance with your booking resulting from any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes (whether involving our employees or those of a third party), breakdown of systems or network access, I.T. viruses, fire, explosion or accident, or any other reason whatsoever. This covers natural disasters, war, ‘acts of God’, closure of airports, civil strife, accidents or failure to perform by third parties, including suppliers and subcontractors. Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) shall not be liable for any failures beyond its control.
17. Limitation of liability
17.1 We shall not be liable to you (excluding for personal injury or death, fraud, or wilful default) for any loss or damage (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) that may result in connection with your booking or its use or misuse by you.
18. Cancellation by Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) We reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel a retreat, in which case we will offer a full refund of all monies paid.
19. Teachers, Speakers, Facilitators Cancellations and changes or other unforeseen situations beyond our control Due to Teachers, Speakers, Facilitators Cancellations and changes or other unforeseen situations beyond our control, Soul Trader Retreat Rasheed Ogunlaru Ltd) in partnership with Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) reserves the right to change bookings and shall inform the customer as soon as possible. Alternative arrangements will be offered but we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including airfare.
20. Not held liable for flight costs. Soul Trader Retreat Rasheed Ogunlaru Ltd) in partnership with Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) is not held liable for flight costs. We strongly recommend that travel insurance is purchased.
21. Discretionary Discounts Soul Trader Retreat Rasheed Ogunlaru Ltd) in partnership with Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) reserves the right to offer discretionary discounts and this does not affect the status of any guests who have paid the full price and no discount will then become due to them.
22. Amendments by Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) Occasionally, changes may have to be made to the program (e.g., yoga teacher, class times or other arrangements), which we reserve the right to do at any time. If your accommodation has to be changed, we will do our utmost to provide accommodation of a similar rating or better. If a significant change becomes necessary, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your arrival.
23. Group Bookings Where a booking is made on behalf of several individuals the booking is conditional on the lead contact of the booking having authorisation from all the individuals named on the booking form to enter into this contract. A deposit in respect of every group member is required. If a group is disruptive to other guests Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) reserves the right to ask all or any individual members of the group to leave immediately with no refund.
24. Minimum age The retreat has a minimum age of 18 years. 25. Travel Insurance Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) reserves the right to insist that you take out travel insurance at the time you book your retreat. Your travel insurance should cover the activity of this retreat as well as unexpected cancellation, sickness, losses and all the usual risks. You should bring the policy with you in case of an emergency. 26. Accommodation
26.1.1 If you book a shared room, as a solo traveller, unless otherwise agreed we will make sure that your room-mate is the same gender as you.
26.2 Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) Yoga Retreat reserves the right to alter any facility accommodation or yoga activity.
26.3 In the event that the customer decides to downgrade their accommodation after monies have been paid, the customer will not be entitled to any refund. If the customer wishes to upgrade the new price will apply.
27. Your Travel Arrangements
27.1 All travel arrangements are your responsibility and at your own cost. We shall not be held liable for any consequences arising from delays or cancellations in any of the companies you may have made arrangements with, or for any irregularities in your documentation required for travel. This includes flights and travel within your home country.
27.2. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has all the relevant travel documentation and arrives at the airport in time.
27.3 Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) Yoga Retreat can accept no responsibility for delay or cancellation of any flights, train, buses or other forms of transport.
28. Transfers from Lisbon Humberto Delgado Airport
29.1.Free return transfers between Lisbon airport and the retreat venue are included in the price of your retreat.
29.2. Transfers from Lisbon airport - To use the included transfer, your flight to Lisbon airport should arrive by 2pm.
29.3.You must notify us of your flight details at least 72 hours before your flight arrives or departs so that we can book your transfer.
29.4. We use an external company for this transfer. Standard shuttle service transfers are between Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) and Lisbon airport only. The external company is responsible for arranging collection time from the airport and the retreat. Please be aware that your transfer to or from the airport will be grouped with other retreat travellers and your transfer will typically be grouped with other flights arriving or departing within 1 hour of each other. Please therefore expect a wait of up to 90 minutes at the airport. Arriving in Lisbon: The last Airport transfer to the retreat venue/accommodation leaves the airport at 2pm. Check in time for the retreat is 3pm. (transfer travel time is between 30-45mins depending on traffic) Leaving the Retreat to Airport: The last Airport transfer from the retreat venue/accommodation leaves at 12pm. Check out time for the retreat is 12pm. (transfer travel time is between 30-45mins depending on traffic)
30. Check in and check out times Please note that the check in and check out times must be strictly adhered to. The venue is booked out prior to and after the retreat and the possibility to stay longer or arrive earlier is not possible. Please book your flight as close to the check in /out times as possible. Kindly respect these policies.
31. Your Health
31.1. It is mandatory for All participants to have medical insurance & travel insurance.
31.2. You understand and hereby agree that you are solely responsible for your own health and for ensuring that it is safe for you to attend the Retreat. If in any doubt, please consult your GP before making a booking. The Retreat, or any part of it, is not intended in any way as a diagnosis, prescription, treatment or cure for any disease or as a substitute for regular medical care.
31.3. You understand and hereby agree that you are solely responsible for your own health and for ensuring that it is safe for you to attend the Retreat, and hereby agree that you have your own personal/private international travel and health insurance.
31.4.We recommend you are in good health to attend this retreat, please consider consulting a doctor to check that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to travel.
31.5 Please be sure to advise us of any health conditions before you book.
31.6.Whilst all measures are taken to ensure a high standard of health and safety, we shall not be responsible for any injuries caused by uneven terrain or our activities inside or outside the retreat. Our retreats may not be appropriate if any of the following apply: • you are currently being treated for a life threatening illness (e.g. cancer), or are receiving chemotherapy or radiotherapy • you have severe heart problems • you are pregnant or breast feeding • you have addictions (past or present) to alcohol, drugs or other similar substances
31.7.If any of these conditions apply to you at or after the time of booking your retreat, we reserve the right to request written confirmation from your registered health practitioner before attending that you are well enough to participate in the retreat. We also reserve the right to ask you to cease participation in any class if we feel this is appropriate for health reasons.
31.8.We reserve the right to ask you to leave the retreat if we have reasonable grounds to believe that you are abusing substances or are mentally unstable, with no refund.
31.9 In any event we reserve the right to insist you seek appropriate professional or medical help during your time during the retreat at your cost.
31.10 If you experience any injury or discomfort during any activity during the retreat, then you must stop immediately and consult a member of the team.
31.11 You will be required to sign an indemnity form before joining the retreat.
32. Customer Responsibility The customer must ensure that he/she is medically and physically fit and able to use our facilities and participate in activities. Customers who have injuries or illnesses are advised to seek doctor’s advice if practicing yoga. Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) is not liable for any injuries to the customer in his/her use of our facilities or participation in activities. A customer must always stop and rest if he/she is feeling any pain or sickness and inform the teacher of any previous injuries.
33. Health & Safety
The customer must comply fully with all and any health and safety regulations introduced by Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) Yoga Retreat.
34. Treatments and holistic therapies and your health
There may be the option to book additional treatments and therapies by Third Party Providers/ Services e.g. massage. These are booked at your own cost and at your own discretion and we cannot and do not accept any liability regarding these services. To the utmost of our ability we will try to ensure the highest standard and convenience for you.
35. Dietary change
Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) serves plant-based food. This can be a change in diet for many people. Special dietary information and allergies need to be communicated to the organisers and a full disclosure of this should be made on the retreat registration form.
Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) is a non-smoking retreat. You should not smoke in your room, in the communal areas (e.g. around the pool) or on the retreat premises. If you do smoke in your room, or in a communal area, Red Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) reserves the right to add a 100€ cleaning charge to your bill, to cover the additional costs of deep cleaning to remove the smell and signs of smoking. We also reserve the right to ask you to leave the retreat if you do not comply with this with out refund.
37. Left property
We request that you take care to check your room before you leave. If you leave something behind, please let us know as soon as you realise. There is a minimum charge of 20€ to return left property to you. If you wish us to return the item(s) to you using recorded delivery or tracking, there may be an additional cost, depending upon the item and the charge made by the post office. Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) is not liable or responsible for any items left at the retreat. We can advise you of this at the time. Unclaimed items will be donated to a local charity shop or discarded after 30 days.
38. Loss, Damage of Personal property and valuables Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) cannot accept any responsibility and are not liable for any loss of, or damage to, your personal property, possessions or valuables of you, the customer.
39. Our liability to you We accept responsibility for ensuring that the retreats are supplied as described and that the services we are contractually obliged to provide are to a reasonable standard.
40. Cancellations, Delays or Changes Soul Trader Retreat Rasheed Ogunlaru Ltd) in partnership with Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) do not accept any liability for cancellations, delays or changes caused by war, threat of war, terrorist actions or threats, closure of airports, civil strife, industrial action, natural disaster, technical problems to transport, staff cancellations, unforeseen changes in your personal circumstances or other events beyond our control.
41. Loss, Damage, Injury We are not liable for any injuries you may incur during activities at the retreat or undertaken during your stay in Lisbon District, Portugal or travelling to and from the Retreat. Soul Trader Retreat Rasheed Ogunlaru Ltd) in partnership with Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) are not liable for any injuries you may incur. Activities at the retreat are undertaken at your own risk. Soul Trader Retreat Rasheed Ogunlaru Ltd) in partnership with Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) are not liable for any medical or psychiatric conditions which may develop during or subsequent to the retreat.
42. Adequate Travel, Cancellation and Medical Insurance for the duration of the trip Soul Trader Retreat Rasheed Ogunlaru Ltd) in partnership with Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) recommend that all customers have adequate travel, cancellation and medical insurance for the duration of the trip.
43. Unreasonable, unsociable and unacceptable guest behaviour Soul Trader Retreat Rasheed Ogunlaru Ltd) in partnership with Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) aims to provide a tranquil environment for retreat guests and our staff. Anyone with unreasonable, unsociable or unacceptable behaviour will be spoken to by one of the management team. If a guest is abusive towards a member of staff or another guest, or if a guest continues to disrupt the retreat experience for other guests Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) reserves the right to request that this guest leaves immediately, with no refund.
44. Damage to retreat property and appropriate respectful Use of Property and Grounds Soul Trader Retreat Rasheed Ogunlaru Ltd) in partnership with Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) reserve the right to charge a guest the cost of rectifying damage caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act of the guest to the retreat’s property or structure. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guests credit / debit card or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address. We will however make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialists to make the repairs and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum. The customer shall not use the property except for permitted use and shall not use the property for any offensive, noisy, dangerous, illegal, entertainment, immoral or improper purposes. The customer shall not do anything which may be a nuisance or annoyance to Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) and its guests, staff or owners. The customer shall keep all Retreat fixtures, fittings, furniture and effects in a clean and good condition and shall replace any articles which are destroyed or missing with articles of a similar kind and of equal value. Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate use of the property or any of its facilities by the customer in the event of any breach of these terms and conditions. The customer will be required to vacate the property. Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) shall not refund payment or accept any consequential liability damages or loss.
45. Removal of retreat property We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the retreat by them without consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item, including any carriage charges. Should the fact that the item is missing come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guests credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address
46. Complaints If you have a problem during your retreat, please inform the retreat duty manager immediately and he/she will endeavour to put things right - Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) cannot deal effectively with complaints made after guests have left. Please note that we cannot guarantee the proportion of male/female guests in any group, and we cannot be responsible for the individual behaviour of any group member or other guest sharing your accommodation. ** Returning Guest Discount Terms and Conditions The following terms and conditions apply for the returning guest discount: • You must tell us that you are a returning guest at the time of booking. • Bookings must be made directly with Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) – discount does not apply to bookings made any other website or agency. Early bird offer. Full terms and conditions The following terms and conditions apply for the early bird offer, which started on 1st January 2019 until 15th March 2019. 1. The early bird discount of £1000 off standard price booking applies to all bookings before 15th March 2019 2. Booking must be made by paying £500 deposit at the time of booking. A balance of 50% must be made by 1st June & Full payment must be received before 1st July 2019 (55 days before the start of the retreat).
47. Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) retains all copyright licence rights and sole exclusive ownership of the information and material displayed on its website and and
48. Any user of the website has to be 18 years of age or older and agrees to be entirely financially responsible for all charges and other fees arising from use of the website.
49. Soul Trader Ltd & Red Lotus Retreats (Red Lotus Projects Ltd) Yoga Retreat accepts no responsibility for keeping the website up to date and will not be liable for any loss by its failure to do so. We are not responsible for the contents of any links displayed on our website.
50. Contacting us Should you have any queries in relation to your booking, please contact us by email at or alternatively the Red Lotus Team here. Or by calling the retreat organiser +31 6555 43275.
51. General These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. You hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the English courts in all disputes arising out of or relating to the contract.